Cross Education has come to Japan to establish its fully cultural & communicative immersive international summer camp experience to students from Japan and from around the world.
There are certain places in the world where international education community building simply works. We believe that Japan is one of those places for many reasons: for its global economic reach and impact; for its positioning in the East, from where global economic growth is now largely being driven; and since it is a country that provides the connectedness, the safety, the security, and the richness of life and experience that inspire learning in all ways.
The Cross Summer Academy is a multi-locational program based in the Tokyo and in the Kanto region. It brings a community of children and teenagers (from 5 to 18 years old) together from around the world, and from around Japan.
In 2019 they engage in six weeks of challenge and discovery in the Cross Summer Academy:
- Open Minds Change the World
- Eco-Environmental Studies
- Mechatronics & Technology Design,
- Online Media & Design,
- Photography, Videography, & Production
- International Dynamics & Awareness
- Remote, Virtual, & Real Flight
Program Contents & Features
(Applied weekly and thematically integrated into daily learning experiences.)
- Technology: 3D, Mechatronics, Artificial Intelligence, Renewable Energy
- Blockchain Innovation Theory and Application
- Agriculture and Environmental Studies
- Photography, Videography, and Digital Production
- Aeronautics, Aviation, and Rocketry
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Sports and Athletics
- Architecture and Design
- Animation and Design
- Outdoor Learning (Urban, Mountain, and Ocean)
- Age Range: 5 to 18
- Flexible & Variable Groups (same age, cross ages, by Academy “house”)
- Full native English speaking environment and focus.
- International Social and Cultural Awareness
- Japanese Cultural and Language Studies
- Integration and interaction between all ages.
- Specialized focuses within age groups.
- Collaborative Learning
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Leadership Education
- Weekly Social and Family Events
- Performances, Parties, Presentations, and Park Barbecues
Cross Education Japan believes that children and young adults should participate together in a relationship that helps both learn. Older children help younger, and younger children are inspired to learn by the examples set by their older peers.
Equally so, Cross believes that in order to become inspired, at any age or level, inspirational figures and role models are essential. That’s why we tie professionals in their fields into everything we do. Each theme and category of learning throughout the camp is tied to international professionals and organizations who are impacting the world with what they do.
We bring in the best, from organizations such as Siemens, Platinum, LINE, MIT, an more.
Cross Education Japan, and the Cross Summer Academy, is a program based in Japan where ideas and people from around the world come together:
- to inspire each other,
- to learn from one another, and
- to impact their lives each in ways that may later help each of them impact the world.
All the best,